Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What would you do on three hours of sleep?

So I opted not to take a nap and just get out and start seeing the city.  I went to Tower of London, and started with the free tour, but got toured of that and walked around on my own for a bit.  The Crown Jewels were pretty, but sort of made me sad that a monarchy has money just to have money, and what do they really do for their country?  You tell me if you have an opinion on that.

I met some nice Americans that took my picture with my camera in front of tower bridge, I walked across the Thames on Tower Bridge, walked down a bit, walked across the Thames on London Bridge, walked up by St. Paul's Cathedral, walked across the Thames on Millenium Bridge, snapped a picture of the fake Globe Theatre, walked across the Thames again on a bridge that I don't remember the name, had a pint at Blackfriar's pub, hoped on the tube up to find Kate's hotel. 

Then kate and her friend and I met Pat at a restaurant in Soho.  Walked through West End, saw Chinatown, sawn Queen's Theatre where Les Mis is, and then hopped the tube back home.

Time for bed... Westminster Abby, Churchill War rooms, and Tennis tomorrow.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you go to Burrough Market and Camden. My favorites! A day trip to Bath would be good too, or maybe Oxford.

    ReplyDelete