Monday, March 12, 2012

Should I extend my trip?

Found out that Wilco is playing at a festival in Oxfordshire on August 12th.  My flight back to the US is Aug 11th?  Should I extend my trip a couple of days?

Talked to Kate today, she and I are going to the events together... Tennis, Synchronized swimming, volleyball, basketball, and athletics (track and field).  I have realized I will have to get the international service on my phone while I am there so that I can get in touch with her... 99 cents a minute and I think 50 cents a text... yikes!  No one call or text me while I'm there!

I admit I'm getting nervous about being able to get around, but I've done fine in US cities on my own, so I should not be too worried about London... everything is in English. 

I might go to Paris for a day or two via the 'Chunnel"... or should I fly over to Amsterdam?  Thoughts?

So very excited!!!

3 comments:

  1. Extend your trip if you can. It'd be pretty cool to see Wilco in London.

    Travel outside of London if you have a chance. If you're worried about a language barrier, obviously Amsterdam will be better. You can visit the Irish bar in the Red Light District where Matt proposed.
    Having been to both Paris and Amsterdam, I'd probably go back to Amsterdam (but only because I didn't have as much time there). Both cities are very walkable and mostly easy to navigate. The language barrier in Paris is only an issue if you need to speak to someone (which surprisingly doesn't happen as often as you'd think! I even bought most of my museum passes from machines).

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice Amber! Might have to call Virgin Atlantic tomorrow and see what I can do about my flight.

      Delete
  2. Extend!

    And don't use your cell phone over there, pick up a disposable one. Way, way cheaper. (Or use both)

    I might even have mine from my last trip, which means you'd just have to go to one of the 18,000 Carphone Warehouses and get a new sim card for it. I think I paid like 5 pounds and got an hour of talk time...but also 1000 texts. Remind me when it gets closer and I can give you a few options.

    ReplyDelete